Submissions must be made via laptop or desktop computer;
- Category A：Single photo
- Category B：Composite photos (a composite of 2 to 5 photos)
- Category C：Photographic Video (45 seconds in length)
- Category D：Motion Snapshot (a special award category cerebrating the release of the advanced interchangeable lens camera Nikon 1, using its "Motion Snapshot" function.)
Awards and Prizes
- Grand Prize:
- 1 award. The winner will receive a trophy, Nikon products equivalent to 1,000,000 yen and the opportunity to show his or her portfolio on the Nikon Photo Contest Website. *1
- 1st place:
- 1 award per category. The winners will receive a trophy, Nikon products equivalent to 500,000 yen and the opportunity to show their portfolios on the Nikon Photo Contest Website.*1
- 2nd place:
- 5 awards per category. The winners will receive a trophy and Nikon products equivalent to 200,000 yen.
- 3rd place:
- 10 awards per category. The winners will receive a trophy and Nikon products equivalent to 100,000 yen.
- NIKKOR Award:
- 1 award. This prize goes to the photographer producing the best work using a NIKKOR lens. The winner will receive a trophy and 1,000,000 yen.
- 1st place:
- 3 awards. The winners will receive a trophy and Nikon products equivalent to 200,000 yen.
- Participants Award for Most Popular Entry:
- 1 award. The winner will receive a trophy and 500,000 yen.
- Entrants under 18 years of age require the permission of a parent or guardian. By entering the contest, entrants under 18 years of age indicate that they have obtained the permission of a parent or guardian.
- The contest is not open to employees of Nikon (below, the "organizer") or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
- Entries for categories A and B are limited to a total of ten works; for example, two entries in the single photo category and one entry of four photographs in the composite category would total six works.
- The same works or portions of the same works cannot be submitted to both categories A and B.
- Entrants can submit one entry in each of categories C and D. This can be done on top of entries to Categories A and B.
- Entry is limited to original works that have not formerly been displayed or exhibited and to which the entrant holds all applicable rights. Works that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway are not eligible. Works that are entered in other competitions after submitting to this contest will not be eligible.
Categories A and B
- Image data files created with digital still cameras (including medium and large-format cameras). Images that have been retouched using software or by other means will be accepted. Both color and monochrome images will be accepted. (Scans of photographs taken by film cameras are not eligible.)
- File size: Up to 20 MB per work
- File format: JPEG: more than 1500 x 2100 pixel / more than 150dpi
- The standard color space for the judging process is sRGB.
- Winners may be requested to provide higher resolution images for publication or display purposes related to the contest.
- Movie files created using the movie-recording feature of digital still cameras (including medium and large-format cameras).
- Length: 45 seconds
- File size: Up to 200 MB
- File format: MOV only
- Any music used must either be copyright-free and performed and recorded by the entrant or a person designated by the entrant (commercial recordings of copyright-free music may not be used) or be works for which the entrant holds the copyright and for which the copyright has not been transferred to a copyright collective or other body.
- Motion Snapshot files created with the Nikon 1. Only one file may be submitted per entrant.
- File format: MOV
How to Enter
- After the first round of judging, all entries will be posted onto this website (planned timing: April, 2013). Awards will be decided after second round (April), and final round (June) of judging. Contest results are scheduled to be announced on this website in August 2013.
- Everyone who has entered the contest has a right to vote for the "Participants Award for Most Popular Entry". Details will be announced on this website.
Notification to Winners
- The winners will be notified through email by early July 2013.