Subjects can be as varied as abstract, still life, landscape, figure work, portraits, photo documentary, social commentary and experimental work. Please note that nude figure work is accepted but due to censorship laws in some countries avoid full frontal nudes as they will automatically be disqualified.
The images can be presented as black & white, sepia, hand coloured or colour. The image capture device can be as varied as film, memory card, paper negatives, scanners, sensitized materials, lens less photography or even a wacom tablet.
Free to Enter
Prizes: The selected folio winners are published in a hard bound folio journal with copies and introductions to 2,000 galleries, curators and institutions in 17 countries. Their names and websites are linked on our website to theirs.
The Silvershotz 2012 Folio annual journal is NOT a competition but a collection of folios featuring contemporary emerging photographic artists, carefully selected by a jury panel of industry experts. Previous successful folio participants have been offered solo exhibitions, book and magazine publishing opportunities and sold more work to collectors..
HOW TO ENTER
1. Size your images at 72 DPI and ensure the file size for each image is no larger than 250kb.
2. Attach a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 images as a jpeg to the email. DO NOT attach a ZIP file/embedded file or TIFF.
3. The image title/tag should be a number or descriptive. NOT your name.
4. Attach a word document outlining your education, published works and/or exhibitions, career to date and artist’s statement.
5. In the body of the email place your name, address, country and telephone number.
6. Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. You can submit three separate folios. Successful submissions will be notified on September 4th 2012.
Copyright and usage of your entry: Silvershotz. Copyright of the photograph and ownership of the image shall remain with the photographer at all times. However, all successful applicants agree to grant Silvershotz International Limited permission to use the work for promotional purposes, in any of their publications, electronic media or printed materials, including web site, online galleries, publications book, trade show and exhibition visuals, and marketing materials or lecture series. At all times Silvershotz International agrees to identify the photographer as the copyright owner of the image/s at all times.
Deadline: July 31, 2012